Sadie's Winter ONEderland

Last week I shared how we started the celebrations for Sadie's first birthday with a trip to Disney World, here.

I was kind of a nut case the morning of Sadie's party. There was so much to do and time just seemed to be flying by. Luckily my in-laws were there to help! I don't know what I would have done without them. My mother-in-law went to work right away hanging tissue paper snow flakes, cleaning things, setting up the food, and pretty much everything else because she is awesome. Meanwhile my father-in-law was blowing up inflatable penguins (all two dozen of them) and picking up the balloons. (see I told you I would have been lost without them). Kev and I were cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the birthday girl. I am still surprised everything got done in time but it did and it was wonderful.

The party started at 1pm so we served lunch food. Kev made his delicious white chicken chili and yellow rice, there was hummus & pita chips, veggies & dip, hot chocolate & marshmallows, a variety of homemade cookies (made by my mother-in-law), and adorable cupcakes & cake (made by my very talented friend Antonia).

We sent the adults home with tiny penguin mugs filled with peppermints and the tiny friends took home penguin sippy cups and inflatable penguins. None of which I got pictures of. I was so caught up in everything that I forgot to get pictures of the details. There was a really fun arch way of snowflakes that my mother-in-law set up, a hot chocolate/coffee/drink area that was pretty darn cute, and glittery branches decorated the gift table but those details will have to live on in my mind because I didn't take pictures of any of it!

Here is what I did get though :)

How talented is my friend? As soon as she comes to her senses and does this for a living I will let you all know!
Sadie & her buds. She stole those mini coke bottles from guests and played with them the entire party.
 Opening presents, checking out her new vanity set (looking at herself in the mirror).
Sadie with her Uncle Jordan, Great Oma & Pappaw, and Grammy.
 She was not very cooperative for picture time, she just wanted to party.
She was so gentle and sweet with her cake! She would just slowly scoop up little bites like she had giant birthday cakes every day. (I swear she doesn't....)
Mommy & Daddy had to get in on the fun
The wiggle worm with her Sissy & Grandpa (my wonderful in-laws)
 After the party Sadie had a blast sharing her toys with her bestie and playing with her family in her playroom.
 Best buds all around. 
(that's Antonia, she's the talent behind the cupcakes/cake)

 I think it is safe to say that Sadie had a blast at her party. She was such a good little hostess, going from room to room visiting with everyone, never getting fussy. Although I know she was exhausted, she ended up staying up past her bedtime soaking in more time with her grandparents.

We all had such a fun weekend celebrating such an amazing little girl. Sadie is very lucky to be surrounded by so much love :)








1 comment:

  1. Hey there are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and set up my own.
    Do you require any html coding expertise to make your own blog?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    my web-site - bankruptcy in florida

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails